Are you a graduate, entrepreneur, freelancer, skilled or unskilled worker who is looking to migrate abroad alone or with family?
Have you been searching for means of migrating that’ll suit your job or skill?
Well, you’re in luck. Below, we’ve compiled 9 different ways to migrate abroad.
1. Austria – Red-White-Red Card
This is an immigration program sponsored by the government of Austria to enable high-skilled Non-Eu member workers to apply for job opportunities from which they can obtain their work permit to live and work in Austria as Migrants.
Persons who belong to the categories stated below may apply for the Red-white-Red card visa program:
- Highly skilled and qualified workers
- Skilled workers in occupations witnessing labour shortage
- Graduates of Austrian Universities and Colleges of Higher education
- Self-employed Key workers
- Start-up founders
As one of its criteria, to qualify as a high-skilled worker, you must obtain a score of 70 points and above. These points are awarded based on your professional qualifications, work experience, language proficiency, and salary level.
To learn more about this migration pathway, check out their website
See also: Here is a list of the most affordable universities in Austria for International students.
2. How to obtain a job in Denmark as a foreign worker
Denmark is a European country located in the Northern hemisphere along with other Scandinavian countries. Currently, Denmark needs skilled foreign workers with over 3,400 job openings. Application to work in Denmark is relatively easy in comparison to other developed countries. Knowledge of the Danish language is not requisite and skilled workers from English-speaking countries are welcome to apply.
To search for Job Opportunities, visit workindenmark.
The site helps with information on job openings, interviews, CV-building, and others.
Related: Are you a student looking to study in Denmark? Check out these scholarship opportunities in Denmark for international students.
3. Germany job seeker visa
One of the ways you can migrate to Germany through job opportunities is to apply for a Job Seeker Visa. This is a special long-term residency permit that allows you to stay for 6 months before getting a suitable job and settling down. Worthy to note is the fact that Germany is one out of few countries that offer visas to foreigners before actually getting a job.
However, eligibility to apply for this visa requires the fulfillment of certain criteria which includes-
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from a German University or equivalent qualification from a foreign university.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in your field of specialty.
- Proof of Funds to satisfy that you will not become dependent upon your arrival and stay in Germany, before your getting employment.
- Medical/travel insurance.
To apply for the German job seeker visa, you must possess the following documents:
- A valid Passport Issued in the past 10 years and valid for a minimum of 12 months after your scheduled arrival.
- 3 copies of your passport picture (taken according to biometric specifications).
- A copy of your passport’s data page.
- Scheduled plan of how you intend to get a job.
- A cover letter detailing the objective(s) of your visit.
- Alternative career plans should you not find a job.
- Certificates of past work experience.
- Proof of accommodation in Germany upon your arrival.
Find out more here: schengenvisainfo
4. How to migrate to Croatia affordably
As a result of the prevalent issue of labour shortage experienced across several European countries, this has seen the majority of them opening their previously shut borders for foreigners to apply and work in the country. By relaxing the limit placed on the number of work permits to be issued to non-EU applicants, Croatia, a country in Europe, is granting more opportunities for foreigners to apply for job visas. There is no need for labour assessment which makes the process even easier.
To be eligible to apply, you must possess:
- Required academic qualifications and skills.
- International passport.
- Copies of your passport pictures.
- Proof of Funds to satisfy that you can support yourself financially during your stay in Croatia.
- Health/medical insurance.
- An employment contract.
Burzarada has been specially designated to handle these visa-related applications. Ensure to use the Google Translate feature to translate the displayed webpages to English or any preferred language.
Also, to search for job opportunities in Croatia, visit futurejobs. This is an agency that specializes in recruiting foreign skilled workers into Croatia.
5. How to migrate to the Netherlands as a foreign worker
You can apply for a visa to move to the Netherlands through these selected career routes. While certain categories of people are given a higher priority in the granting of visa applications, anyone is welcome to apply for consideration.
Categories of persons considered top priority include
- Highly skilled workers
- Tech. Start-ups/founders
- Financial technology experts and marketers
To learn more, visit these websites:
6. How to migrate to Belgium easily
Belgium is a country in western Europe that shares boundaries with the Netherlands, Germany, and others. In need of skilled foreign workers, it currently allows 3 different kinds of work permits for migrants –
Type 1: Allows migrants to work for one employer for an unlimited period in the country.
Type 2: Allows migrants to work for an employer for one year. However, it is renewable.
Type 3: Allows migrants to work for multiple employers for one year.
For foreigners seeking to migrate abroad to Belgium, Type B makes a perfect choice of application as it is most probable to obtain.
To search for job opportunities to apply for this visa, visit the following websites:
7. France start-up visa
A new visa has been introduced as a pathway for skilled workers to move to and work in France. Much similar to the UK global Talent Visa, it is especially recommended for people in the technology industry as well as founders of IT/tech start-ups by allowing for talent hire from all over the world.
The migration process is relatively easy as no language or degree is required of applicants, with application protocols taking 4-6 weeks to be concluded. Applicants are also welcome to migrate abroad with their families and dependents.
8. How to migrate to the UK to work as a healthcare professional
Under the newly introduced UK Health Care Visa Scheme, foreign workers in the health care sector seeking to relocate and work as health care professionals in the UK are encouraged to apply for a visa through this visa pathway.
Operative as of the 15th of February 2022, health care workers, care assistants, and home care assistants are eligible to apply for a work Visa via this scheme which is valid for 12 months.
Health care workers recruited through this visa Scheme will be allowed to come along with their dependents, inclusive of their spouse and children. It also offers an opportunity for settlement should they decide to remain employed and resident in the UK.
Possession of formal qualification is not material to the application as the skill level of the job which they will be applying for will be considered.
Are you a qualified Doctor, Nurse, health, and adult care professional who:
- Has worked and is willing to work in an eligible health or social care job which falls within the list of approved occupation codes?
- Is willing to work for a UK Health care and care sector employer that has been approved?
- Owns a valid certificate of sponsorship from your prospective employer with details on the role being offered?
- Have an English Language proficiency to CEFR Bi-levels equivalent to IELTS 4.0?
- Possess proof of funds to support yourself during your stay?
- Possess a clean criminal record certificate?
- Possess a valid Tuberculosis certificate if coming from a country where it is required?
Considering the above-enumerated eligibility factors, if you consider yourself so qualified, this could be the chance for you to relocate abroad with your family.
How to acquire certificate of sponsorship for UK healthcare visa
Visit the following websites:
How to apply for the healthcare visa
You can apply directly on the official website, visit www.gov.uk
Companies that sponsor the UK health and care workers visa
The below companies sponsor foreign workers to come work in the UK through this pathway:
Recommended: Countries in Need of Foreign Health care Workers
9. How to relocate to Canada as an unskilled worker
Nationals of other countries who desire to migrate to Canada but do not possess formal qualifications or skills can apply through the following visa pathway :
- The Atlantic intermediate Skilled Program
- The Agri-food Immigration Pilot
- Provincial Nomination Program(PNPs)
Requirements for this visa program includes
- A minimum of 1-year foreign work experience.
- Valid Job offer from a designated employer based in
- Prince Edward Island
- Nora Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador.
This is recommended for people who belong to the following categories of craft
- Meat Product Manufacturing
- Greenhouse, Nursery, and Floriculture production
- Animal/Poultry production
- Saskatchewan immigration Nominee Programs. (SINPs)
- Ontario Immigration Nominee Program. (OINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program. (BC PNP)
- Alberta Immigration Nominee Program. (AINP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program. (MPNP)
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program. ( TFWP)
Wondering what National Occupation Classification (NOC) you belong to?
- Butchers, meat cutters, and fishmongers – Retailers and wholesalers (NOC 6331)
- General Farm Workers ( NOC 8431)
- Nurse aides, Orderlies and patient service associate ( NOC 3413)
- Caregivers ( NOC 4411 & NOC 4412)
- Transport Truck Drivers ( NOC 7511)
- Machine Operators ( NOC group 94)
- Workers in Food beverage and Food processing ( NOC 9617)
- Fish & Seafood Plant Workers ( NOC 9463)
- Construction trades helpers and workers ( NOC 7611)
10. How to find a job in Canada as a foreign skilled worker
Are you a skilled worker who wishes to relocate to Canada to practice?
Do you desire to go alone or with family and dependents?
Canada, a developed country in North America, recruits skilled foreign workers to live and work in the country.
Among the fields of top priority careers include but are not limited to :
- Finance and account management.
- Business and project management.
- General Labourers.
Read more: Here are the top 10 in-demand jobs in Canada.
Relocating abroad either as a skilled or unskilled worker should never be a torn in the skin for you. More so, the above-listed pathways suffice to show you the best means and alternatives to migrate alone or in the company of family to the country of your choice.
Do you have plans to move abroad? This is where Urban Nomads comes in. With our pool of travel experts and experienced consultants in our community, your Canada migration dream is close to its actualization. Visit Urban Nomad’s website, subscribe to Japa Package, and have exclusive access to our consultants and lots of other benefits.